It’s like guacamole meets salsa in this Cinco De Mayo special recipe of the week!
- Six medium roma tomatoes , seeded and diced
- One cup chopped red onion
- One large or two small jalapeños, seeded and chopped ( Leave seeds if you like heat)
- Three medium avocados, semi-firm but ripe, peeled, cored and diced
- Three and a half tablespoons of olive oil
- Three tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- One clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste as desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped
Place red onion in a strainer or sieve and rinse under cool water to remove harsh bite. Drain well. Add to a mixing bowl along with diced tomatoes, jalapeños and avocados. In a separate small mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper until mixture is well blended. Pour mixture over avocado mixture, add cilantro then gently toss mixture to evenly coat.